A video clip circulating on social media in Pakistan claims to show US President-elect Donald Trump voicing support for Pakistan’s jailed former prime minister Imran Khan, during an interview ahead of the American election.
This claim is false. The video has been generated using artificial intelligence (AI) tools to match Trump’s voice with his image.
Claim
On November 4, a TikTok user shared a 19-second video allegedly depicting Republican candidate Donald Trump expressing support for jailed Pakistani leader Imran Khan and pledging to free him if elected.
In the clip, Trump is purportedly heard saying: “Hello, my Pakistani American friends. I promise that if I win, I will try my best to get Imran Khan out of jail as soon as possible. He is my friend, I love him. I will support him to take over the government again, and rock, and we will work together to make our ties stronger. Imran Khan Zindabad.”
The post has accumulated over 5.4 million views and nearly 625,000 likes. Many users in the comments seem to believe that Trump made these statements.



0 Comments